Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Salmon Morissette



When Alanis Morissette sings, "And isn't it ironic...don't ya think," I'm pretty sure she's referring to my eating habits. Last night, I, Danielle, was reading a book about the macrobiotic diet...while eating pizza. Very delicious, cheesey pizza.

Yes, Alanis, I do think it's ironic that we Tarts intend to be healthy, but sometimes we 'come to' and find ourselves eating a hot, gooey, cinnamon roll. "Well, now how did that get in my mouth?" But this week, we bring you something that Alanis can feel good about. Unless she's a vegetarian. Then I'm sure she'd sing a different song, perhaps something catchy like, "Taking Down The Tarts."

Salmon Morissette
by Ham and Rye

Preheat grill on high.

Take 2 lbs. WILD Salmon, we chose Sockeye...


...and rub with a generous amount of preferred spices or rubs, like Potlatch Seasoning from Williams-Sonoma, a gift from my awesome friend, Clarkles.


When grill is nice and hot, spray or brush with olive oil and place salmon FLESH SIDE DOWN on the grill. Cook for about a minute and then flip over so skin side is touching the grill. Reduce heat to medium, drop the lid and cook to desired doneness, anywhere from 5-7 minutes.

Serve with fresh lemon and wallah!


Pair with greens...


...and you have a healthy meal that even Alanis would be proud of.

Until you top it off with ice cream pie and caramel sauce.

Which is very ironic...don't ya think?

3 comments:

  1. Could have used this 24 hours ago. The Salmon McLachlan we made doesn't sound as good now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the salmon looks incredible and I am patiently awaiting pictures of the ice cream pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the salmon looks amazing - I love salmon so I'm drooling now!

    ReplyDelete